Components: V, S, M (a short piece of fine copper wire)
Duration: 1 round
[This spell can be substituted on any known spell list wherever Sending is present or available.]
This spell does as Sending does; however, at the caster's option, they may choose to emulate the voice and characteristics of another creature with which they are familiar. If this is done, the target must succeed on a Charisma saving throw or believe the message to have been sent by the emulated creature. The target automatically succeeds if they are unfamiliar with the emulated creature.
Components: V, S, M (a drop of blood from a deity, and an elemental creature, both of which are consumed)
Duration: Until dispelled--requires Wish, or Dispel Magic cast at 9th level
Target a creature; sacrificing the elemental, and sealing with a drop of blood, you attempt to bestow a curse on the target. The target may make a WIS save against your spellcasting DC; on pass, it is unaffected. A sleeping target has disadvantage.
While the target is cursed, and when the target drops to 0 hit points or would be killed in effect:
- The target becomes primal and violent. For the duration, its INT and WIS become 10; it gains the ability to understand Primal, but loses the ability to speak any language, and it becomes engulfed in the element, obscuring most of its form. For its actions, the target is compelled to attack and kill any creatures it can perceive, and move toward anything living of Small or larger size (if there is a choice, pick the largest group; resolve further ties by picking at random).
- The target gains the ability to summon the same element as the elemental that was sacrificed at will. Each turn, it may create up to 15625 cubic feet (125 cubic "squares") of that element within 600' that it can see, or move any of the squares up to 60' to a place it can see, in any order, so long as those squares don't contain terrain or other obstructions (they may contain creatures and items). If the target loses line of sight with a cubic square, it vanishes. Within a cubic square, the target has the ability to shape the element, so as to target individual creatures within. Creatures so targeted, when the volume is created, and again if they end their turn within the element, take 12d6 damage appropriate to the element, or half as much on a successful DC 15 DEX save. (A creature can only be damaged once per turn.)
- As an action, the target can direct a 60' long, 10' wide evocation of the element from itself in any direction. The effect is much like Gust of Wind, with a spell save DC of 15, but:
- For Fire, add 6d6 fire damage, or half as much on a successful DEX save;
- For Water, increase the save DC to 25;
- For Earth, increase the save DC to 25, and add 4d6 bludgeoning damage, or half as much on a successful save.
- The target gains 500 temporary hit points and, for the duration, is immune to the elemental damage it evokes and resistant to psychic damage. The target is immune to any effect which would charm it or put it to sleep.
The effect continues for 10d4 rounds, 2d4+3 rounds after the target can no longer perceive anything living, or when the target drops to 0 hit points while under this effect (as long as it does not immediately die). When it ends, the target loses all temporary hit points and falls unconscious, but stable, with 1 hit point.
This spell can do everything Nystul's Magic Aura can; however, when choosing the "False Aura" option, this spell endows the caster an additional "school" as an option, which is idiosyncratic to the caster. Each caster can readily identify their own aura, and--upon acquaintance--identify auras belonging to other casters (without revealing the casters' identities themselves).
Per Detect Magic, as with False Aura, this "unique" aura becomes visible, distinct from any well-known school.
If cast on a potion: the aura also influences the fluid appearance.
At higher levels:
- 3rd: the duration increases to 7 days.
- 4th: the duration increases to 30 days.
- 5th: the duration increases to 180 days.
- 6th: the duration increases to a calendary year.
Components: V, S, M (a fine metal chain worth at least 100gp)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour
You target one creature you can touch; if the target is unwilling, it must make a WIS save against your spellcasting DC.
On a failed save, or if the creature is willing: for the duration, the creature's entire movement over a given round is limited by the maximum natural speed granted by its race (ground speed, fly speed, swim speed, burrow speed, etc.), plus the Unarmored Movement granted by Monk level, if applicable. The effective range of all spell effects which induce motion (such as Teleport, Dimension Door, Misty Step, etc.) also becomes so limited, and the target is unable to shift planes.
At higher levels: add +5 to the WIS save DC for each level beyond the 5th for which the spell is cast.